150 route de Ferney, PO Box 2100
CH-1211 Geneva 2, Switzerland
Phone: +41 22 791 6111 Fax: +41 22 791 0361
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.oikoumene.org
Human Resources Department
Programme Executive Interreligious Dialogue and Cooperation
Starting Date: 1 January 2018
Position at (%): 100%
Works closely with:
Internal: the general secretary, the deputy general secretary for Unity Mission and Ecumenical Relations, the director of the Commission of Churches for International Affairs, programme staff and designated staff in PMER (Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting), IMD (Income Monitoring and Development) and Finance.
External: Member churches, councils, ecumenical and interreligious bodies, significant organizations representing other religions.
To facilitate reflection and action on dialogue and cooperation with other religions, especially with Islam and Judaism.
1. Implement effectively, in close cooperation with the other members of the project team, the
project(s) related to the area of work in order to reach the expected results.
2. Be responsible for the budgeting, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the spending
levels in the project, in cooperation with the deputy general secretary and designated
3. Establish and maintain regular contacts with specialists in the areas of work in the churches,
councils, ecumenical organizations and universities and engage them in planning and
implementing the project(s) and activities.
4. Participate in the ecumenical reflection on issues of religious plurality and its significance for
the Christian self-understanding and for the role of the churches in the world today.
5. Establish and maintain and develop regular contacts and relationships with organizations,
institutions, groups, representatives of other religions, Islam and Judaism in particular, and
with international interreligious bodies.
6. Initiate new initiatives related to spirituality and theology inspired by Islam and Judaism.
7. Foster concrete initiatives that enable Jewish and Muslim groups to cooperate with the WCC
as part of the Pilgrimage of Justice and Peace.
Please find more details in the following link:
~CSI Synod Communications